Is your child asking questions about why there are hot and cold days? How about lightnings and thunders? Teaching your kids about the weather doesn’t need to be hard!
Make teaching about the weather cool and fun with these ideas!
These super fun weather activities are a great way to teach early learners about rain, sleet, snow, wind, and all the elements in between!
Creative Ways to Teach Weather to Your Kids!
1. Teach Your Kids to Read the Weather from a Thermometer!
This cool printable will add fun to teaching your kids how to read a thermometer from the Kids Activities Blog! Your kids will love quizzing themselves with this free weather tool!
2. Have Your Own Weather Show to Teach the Kids!
The news doesn’t have to be boring! Let the kids take the reins and create their very own weather show by Nate and Rachel!
3. A Colorful Weather Board can Teach Your Kids too!
Make a weather board with this fun tutorial by Kids Activities Blog. Kids can then take it outside and work on recognizing what type of weather is happening, or you can teach them too!
4. A DIY Anemometer to Teach Your Kids About the Weather through the Wind!
Teach and track the speed of wind with your very own anemometer by Frugal Fun for Boys. Kids will love watching it spin while learning about the weather!
5. Create a Safe Lightning to Teach the Rainy Weather
This simple activity will have your kids amazed that they can make lightning at home, from Learn Play Imagine! Teach about the rainy weather and have a bolt of safe lightning!
6. Teach Your kids About the Weather through Clouds!
Your kids will have real fun by tracking the movement of clouds with this fun cloud tracing activity from Inspiration Laboratory! Teach your kids how clouds move and how it affects the weather!
7. Water Cycle is an Important Knowledge to Teach the Kids about the Weather!
A rainstorm activity in a jar by Learn Play Imagine will teach your kids and help them understand the water cycle. This weather activity is sure to amaze them and keep their attention!
8. Teaching Kids about How Much Rainfall in a Weather is FUN!
Create a rain bottle from The Imagination Tree and teach your kids how to track how much rainfall fell during a particular storm. Make sure you use a clear plastic bottle for the best weather results!
9. Snowmen Ruler on a Snowy Weather for Kids to Teach!
Who said snowmen are just made out of snow? Make these adorable snowmen charts to measure the depth of the snow by Play Dr Mom in various areas of your yard! Teach your kids about the snowy weather!
10. Teach More about the Windy Weather!
Have more fun and teach about the weather with these felt weather crafts! Each day the kids can select the correct icon from their stack, to show the daily weather from Two Daloo!
11. Shadow Fun with Your Kids, Regardless of the Weather!
Learn about shadows along with your kids with this fun activity from Enchanted Homeschooling Mom! Teaching your kids about the different times of the day and weather can be this cool!
12. Teach Your Kids about the Winter Weather and Snowflakes!
Frozen weather has never been this cool! Catch snowflakes on a black piece of paper and teach the kids about the different types and shapes of snowflakes!
13. Convection Currents and Weather-Learning Experiment for Kids!
Teach what convection currents are with such a fun water experiment for kids by Learn Play Imagine! They can make their own weather right in the dining room!
14. Weather Coloring Pages to Teach Younger Kids!
Your kids will love ending their day of learning with these fun weather coloring pages from Kids Activities Blog! These cute printables teach your kids the weather, in a colorful way!
15. A Weather Station to Teach Your Kids More!
There are so many fun weather station ideas from Nurture Store!! From charts to rain bottles, you can get tons of teaching inspiration for a weather workshop here, perfect for kids!
16. Spring Trees to Teach your Kids about the Weather!
Teach your child about the weather and make your own trees at home! These adorable spring trees filled with candy by Your Modern Family can make a pretty decoration. For fall you can use candy corn instead!
More Crafts & Fun for Kids from Play Ideas!
- This cute Jack Skellington felt doll is super easy to make!
- Learn more Science in this colorful Ph test experiment!
- Light up your night with these fun crafts with your kids!
- Roar out with queer fun with these dinosaur crafts for your kids!
- Tie-dye activities with kids have never been this colorful!
- Teach your kids how to manage money early with these activities!
- Add fun and laughter in learning with these educational games for kids!
Which activity will you do that fits best for the weather today?