Stuck indoors? Planning for staycation ideas for a long weekend ahead? Or too lazy to go out? Then try some of these fun indoor staycation ideas for the whole family!
Fun and Awesome Indoor Staycation Ideas For Kids
1. Create a list of things to do!
First things to first, you need to make a list of all the fun things you’re kids would definitely enjoy indoors as suggested by Kids Activities Blog.
Let your kids join in making the list too!
2. Watch a movie in your backyard
Everybody loves watching movies! It’s number 1 on the list. Bond and be silly with your kids while watching a movie in your backyard using wagons or homemade cars by Kids Activities Blog! Awesome!
3. Create your own LEGO puzzle book
For kids who love LEGO’s, this could come in handy to keep them busy indoors. Follow the step-by-step LEGO puzzle book tutorial by Kids Activities Blog for a quiet yet fun activity at home!
4. Indoor family camping trip!
Who said campings is only enjoyed outdoors?! Grab the whole family and make camping memories indoors with these fun family camping trip ideas by Kids Activities Blog! Make sure to take photos along too. Fun!
5. Making art on the walls!
6. Homemade play dough recipe
You don’t have to cook to make this easy homemade playdough recipe by The Imagination Tree. It’s so simple!
Most of the things you need, you probably already have in your kitchen! Yay!
7. Creat your own painted prints at home
Another art activity! Follow and make these gorgeous painted prints tutorials by Artful Parent with your kids at home! Who knew styrofoam could end up so beautiful, right?!
8. Let your kids make their own toys!
Be creative with your kids by helping them making their own toys! Follow this wooden seesaw tutorial for a dollhouse by Artful Parent.
Kids will surely be so proud to make toys for their toys! Yay!
9. Create your own gorgeous dice
Use your very own homemade dice for your board games! These gorgeous dice by Tinkerlab are made of paint and wood.
Come up with your own games or play one of the fun ones suggested here! Fun!
10. Mini Paperdolls!
Make one of these mini paper dolls by Classic Play by following the tutorial. Perfect for your little girls who want to get busy too! Fun!
11. Try this colorful liquid salt experiment
Learn and have fun with your kids indoors while working with liquid watercolors and salt experiment by Artful Parent. Check out and be ready to be amazed by the results! the results when done!
More Easy and Fun Indoor Staycation Ideas For The Whole Family to Enjoy From Play Ideas
- Since November is approaching, check out this fun and safe Covid Halloween ideas for the kids!
- Gather the whole family and choose from a variety of fun and easy indoor games here!
- Get your kids busy while staying indoors with these super fun and easy snake crafts.
- Leftover balloons from last month’s birthday party can awake the kids while trying out these boredome busting balloon games for kids!
- Preschoolers will surely enjoy staying indoors while they learn with these list of counting games for preschoolers here.
- Popsicles for the win this weekend as you do these popsicle crafts with your little ones! Yay!
- You go and have fun with your girls during a slumber party here.
Which of these fun staycation ideas are you going to do with your kids this weekend?