These Fall STEM Ideas for kids are a great way to get them engaged in science, technology, engineering, and mathematical concepts and make it seem like play.
They’re going to love exploring, playing, and testing these ideas and you’re going to love watching them learn!
Get your kids excited about science, technology, engineering, and mathematics while they’re young!
Easy and Creative Fall STEM Ideas for Kids
1. Counting with Acorns
Counting with acorns by Teach Preschool is a mathematical counting tool, your kids will have a blast!
2. Backyard Animal Tracking Station
Backyard Animal Tracking Station by Creekside Learning is a great way to learn about animal behaviors and how they engage with nature. Fun!
3. Apple Bubble Fall Stem Experiment
Your child is going to love watching this apple bubbles Fall stem experiment by Preschool Powol Packets.
4. Investigate Apple at Fall with the Kids
What do apples look like inside? How do they change colors? Why are the seeds shaped like a star? Investigate apples (unavailable) by Finding The Teachable Moments now with your kids.
5. Apple Rotten Experiment
Your child is going to love observing how apples rot with an experiment by Gift of Curiousity under various circumstances. Awesome!
6. Autumn Exploration Table
This autumn exploration table by The Imagination Tree is a great way to explore the natural changes of autumn.
7. Building Apples with the kids
Your kids are going to love building this apple structure by Fun At Home With Kids using toothpicks and apple pieces.
8. Candy Corn Catapult at Fall
Let the fun fly when your kids build their own candy corn catapult by Frugal Fun For Boys. Imagination never stops!
9. Candy Corn Volcano
This candy corn volcano by Growing A Jeweled Rose is a blast! A one of a kind activity for the kids!
10. Dissecting Owl Pellets
What will your kids find out when they dissect an owl pellet by Kids World Citizen? Let’s find out!
11. Exploding Apples!
Your kids will explode with laughter when they watch the cork pop out of these exploding apples by Little Bins For Little Hands. Yay!
12. Erupting Play Dough
This exploding play dough by Housing a Forest is so much fun to play with your kids and a lot to explore. Yay!
13. Sensory Jars for Keeps
Create sensory jars by Kids Play Box so your children can explore nature all season long. Awesome!
14. Growing Pumpkins inside a Pumpkin
Your kids are going to love exploring how pumpkins can grow inside other pumpkins by Life With Moore Babies. Fun!
15. Hidden Leaf Colors Experiment
Go along with this Fall Stem Idea – hidden leaf colors experiment by Share It Science and have fun unlocking hidden colors with your kids! Awesome!
16. Hopping Corns
This fun hopping corns experiment by One Time Through will examine why corn ‘hops’ in certain conditions. Mind-blowing for the kids!
17. Life Cycle of a Pumpkin Worksheet!
Learn together with the kids as you go along with these pumpkin life cycles worksheets by Itsy Bitsy Fun. Enjoy doodling!
18. Pumpkin GeoBoard
Create a GeoBoard using a pumpkin by Fun A Day with your kids! Use some rubber bands to create various points and have fun!
19. Exploring Leaf Structures with the Kids
Your child is going to love this exploring leaf structures by KC Edventures when they color-trace the leaf veins.
20. Spotted Leaves Experiment with the Kids
Learn about photosynthesis with this spotted leaves experiment (unavailable) by 5 Orange Potatoes with the kids today!
21. Collect and Preserve the Leaves
Discover with the kids how to preserve leaves in glycerin by Tinker Lab. How long do you think those leaves will last? Let’s find out!
22. Sorting Out with Different Kinds of Leaves
Show your kids the different parts of leaves and seeds by doing this sorting out by Inspiration Labs. Fun!
23. Color Changes Experiment with the kids!
Learn about photosynthesis together with the kids with this color change experiment by How Wee Learn, using a leaf. Awesome!
24. Pinecones Experiment
Discover why pinecones open and close together with the kids as you do this Pinecones experiment by Parenting Chaos. Great activity for the little geek of yours!
25. Watch a Vegetable Grow!
Use a corn cob to teach your child how vegetables grow by Share and Remember. Take pictures of every progress too. Yay!
More Fun Fall Stem Ideas With Your Kids From Play Ideas
- Let your kids learn some life hacks along with Fall Stem ideas here!
- Add a little spice while learning with your kids using Fall Stem ideas as you go along with some lists here.
- Nothing can stop the whole gang in learning with Fall Stem ideas during winter with these cool acitvities!
- Be messy with the gals as you play along and learn with them on these gelatin Fall Stem Ideas activities.
- Learn with ice cubes and more Fall Stem ideas with your kids on a hot summer day.
- Nothing can stop the kids from learning with these Fall Stem explosions ideas here!
- Blow some balloons Fall Stem ideas activities and learn with the little ones!
Which Fall Stem Idea are you going to do and learn with the kids this afternoon?