No one would say no to board games, especially kids! With all the time we have staying in our homes, a break from screens and gadgets is definitely a breather!
Today is the day to introduce these amazing DIY board games to your kids! From edible board games to printable ones, they will definitely love making and playing with these!
Have fun learning and playing together with these awesome board games for kids!
DIY Board Games to Make and Play with Kids of All Ages
1. Othello Cookie Sandwich Board Game
Who wouldn’t love a game where you LITERALLY eat your opponent’s pieces?
Your kiddos will surely love this Othello cookie sandwich board game by Kids Activities Blog! Grab a pack of chocolate and vanilla cookie sandwiches, some colored tapes and get the fun started!
2. Print-Your-Own Snakes and Ladders Board Game!
You don’t have to go out to the store to buy this classic and timelessly fun board game! Get that printer on and print your very own Snakes and Ladders board game from Itsy Bitsy Fun, FOR FREE! Let the fun begin!
3. Outdoor Sidewalk Chalk Game Board (Your Garage will also be perfect!)
It would be so much fun to somehow go outside for a bit of fun, right?
This sidewalk (or garage) chalk game board by Kids Activities Blog is soooo fun to do, drawing checker boards on the floor and playing different games on it!
4. Fun Dinosaur Board Game!
Kids are so fascinated by dinosaurs! Itsy Bitsy Fun KNOWs that, so test your kids’ memory with this printable dinosaur game! How many dinos can you find? Get those young braincells to practice!
5. Do-it-Yourself Checker Board Game
Kids LOOOVE practicing independence, even in creating their own checker board game! Your kids will love stamping out the squares on this DIY checker board game by An Idea On Tuesday that they can make themselves! Once they finish personalizing the playing pieces, they’ll be ready for a game!
6. Creative LEGO Pieces Board Games
Why play a regular game when you can build board game with LEGOs? Be sure to check out this creative Lego pieces board game by Kids Activities Blog!
Bring new life to a simple game with your kids’ LEGO bricks! Tic-tac-toe? Checkers? Let the fun begin!
7. Matching Your Easter Eggs Board Game
Spread out those eggshells and find the most matching items in this fun Easter memory game by Happily Ever Mom! Easter eggs has never been this cool as board game!
8. Printable Sight Words Board Game
Your kids will love helping to make this printable board game by Brain Power Boy, and then they’ll love learning their sight words while they’re playing it!
Their reading ability will also greatly improved as they play this lovely board game!
Love this collection? Check out some more fun and innovative kids crafts and games below!
More Fun and Easy DIY Games and Crafts for Kids from Play Ideas
- Loving DIY? What about trying to DIY these dinosaur/Jurassic themed crafts?
- Caterpillar crafts are super easy and cute to make with your kids!
- Get these perfect outdoor activities and games to fight boredom!
- Make reading a fun learning through these absolutely fun sight word games!
- Teach your kids how to fish early through these wonderful fishing activities, so they’ll fall in love with it!
- Balloons are children’s classic favorites! Get more fun out of them in these balloon-bursting games!
- Educational games are the tricks for kids to start loving learning! Check out these games and see how your child learns, with so much fun!
Which DIY board game are you playing with your kids today?