Do you have a preschooler who loves Thomas the Train and His Friends? Try these awesome ideas for their Thomas the Train birthday party.
If you have a preschooler, there’s a good chance you’re really familiar with Thomas the Train and his island full of friends. That’s why we’ve come up with this awesome list of 25 Thomas The Train Party Ideas. From decorations to party favors to snacks and activities, we’ve got you covered! So stay on track and go full steam ahead with that party. Spread the fun with all of your kiddos’ friends!
Cool and Amazing Thomas the Train Birthday Party Snacks and Decors
1. Train Tracks Party Grounds Design
Welcome your guests to the party with DIY train tracks that lead to the front door. They’ll know before the party even starts that they’re in for a good time. No need for balloons or welcome banner.
2. DIY Huge Cardboard Train Party Decoration Idea
You can also build this DIY cardboard train and have it waiting in the front yard for when the kiddo’s arrive. All aboard for party fun!
3. DIY Train Tunnel Entrance Decoration Party Ideas for Kids
Show your tiny train enthusiasts which way to go by creating a fun Thomas train tunnel into the main party area. This can be a fab photo booth background too! Choo, choo!!
4. Coloring Station Thomas and Friends Inspired Party Ideas for Kids
If some of your preschoolers arrive early, you can set out a coloring station to give them a chance to play while everyone else arrives. Many cute ideas and train party activities to do for your little conductor!
5. Refueling Station Sign in Snack Corners at Parties
You’re preschoolers are going to arrive hungry, so a refueling station is the perfect place to set up snacks and drinks. They’ll love the train party favors in the food table station. Chew-Chew!
6. Tug Boat Punch Kids themed Party Idea
This tugboat punch is an adorable way to keep the party rolling even while everyone is chowing down. Perfect for tasty treats like chips and Oreos!
7. Amazing And Crafty Choo Choo Juice
And you can serve their drinks in adorable Choo Choo Juice glasses… just make sure to set out a pen so they can write their names so they know which drink is theirs! Great idea to add some personalized touches for the guests.
8. Snacks in a Train Car Party Ideas for Preschoolers
How adorable are these train car snacks? Healthy and fun, these food trains are definitely going to be a hit. There are more clever train birthday party ideas coming up!
9. Amazing Blue Themed Snack Jars
Or maybe set up some themed snack jars. Steam cookies or coal brownies will be a sure-fire way to keep your party on track. You may serve them in mason jars or on trays.
10. Fun Car Train Sandwiches for Kids Party Treats
Are you planning a party that’ll last longer than a couple of hours? Make these fun train car sandwiches for your hungry little preschoolers. Now this is a cute way to “train wheels”!
11. Railroad Crossing Fruit Kabobs Party Snack and Treat Idea For Kids
And don’t forget the railroad crossing fruit kabobs! Healthy conductors are happy conductors.
12. DIY Recycled Cardboard Boxes into Trains
Looking for a fun centerpiece or decoration for your party table? You can make this train out of cardboard boxes that you’ll find around your house.
13. Thomas and Friends Themed Oatmeal Container
Or check out this cute-as-a-button oatmeal container train. Your guests will definitely talk about this one and would definitely love it!
14. Easy Recycled Toilet Paper Rolls Train
Want a centerpiece your kids can help build? This train is made out of toilet paper rolls and milk jug lids. How long will your train be?
15. DIY memorable Photo Station
A photo station is a fun way to keep the memories of the party long after all of your guests have gone home. These are printable!
16. DIY Cardboard Box Train Tunnel for Kids Party Play
A fun activity for your younger party guests might be this train tunnel made out of a cardboard box. They’ll love playing together with this one.
17. Build a Train Station Party Activity
Or you can set up a build-a-train station where party guests can paint trains that they’ll take home at the end of the party.
18. Cool DIY Train Using Dry Pasta
Are your preschoolers a little older? Challenge their creativity by letting them assemble their own trains using dry pasta.
19. Thomas and Friends Inspired Costumes
And don’t forget these awesome train ‘costumes’. Kids can sit and watch their favorite episodes of Thomas the Train if they need a break from the festivities.
20. Pin the One on Thomas Party Game Idea
Another super fun activity is Pin The One on Thomas. Definitely a great way to move the party outside. Your little ones will have tons of fun putting Thomas’ parts all together!
21. Cool and Crafty DIY Tent Train for Kids Party
Another great idea for those ‘over-excited’ guests is a cool-down tent. This one is a train placed over a table. Kids can get away if the party gets too exciting, but they won’t have to miss out on any of the fun.
22. Thomas Sweet and delicious Cookie Party Treats
These sweet Thomas cookies are easy to make and would be a great treat to send kids home with after the party is over.
23. Toy and Cookie Train
Or if you want to do a slightly more involved party favor, this toy and cookie train is so much fun and every part of it is usable!
24. Thomas and Friends inspired Party Treat Bags
And don’t forget the treat bags! Your tiny guests will want a way to carry home their trains and snacks, and these adorable bags are perfect for just that.
25. Awesome Conductor Hats and Trail Whistles
Lastly, give them something to really talk about with these awesome conductor hats and train whistles. Check out your local dollar store if you don’t know where to look for these.
More Creative and Crafty Party Ideas From Play Ideas
- Check out these Awesome Cotton Candy Party Ideas.
- Also some of these Kids Football Party Ideas.
- Maybe this Giggle-inducing slumber party for girls is what you’re looking for.
- How about this cool slumber party ideas for boys?
- Try these super silly muddy buddies recipes for your next party.
- Or these Valentine snacks for your kids valentine party.
- Maybe some whimsical winter snacks to make for a school party!
What was your favorite Thomas and Friends Inspired Party Ideas?