Bust boredom with these fun best popsicle stick crafts for kids of all ages. Popsicle sticks are also known as craft sticks if you don’t want to have to wash off the stick popsicle residue.
You can now buy craft sticks and basic craft supplies by the bag at a craft store or DIY store.
That gives these crafts year-round appeal.
Before kids even have a chance to say “I’m bored”, stock up on those popsicle sticks and present them with these 25 summertime fun popsicle stick crafts for kids of all ages starting with preschoolers.
Kids can make all sorts of fun popsicle crafts from flowers to the Fourth of July, the fun won’t end…and if they do say they’re bored we have a craft for that, too!
Table of Contents
Easy and Fun Popsicle Stick Crafts
1. Make a Popsicle Stick Fish
This colorful angelfish is a fun way to start your summer popsicle stick crafts. Buy colorful craft sticks or paint them yourself with this easy DIY activity. <–I think even adults want to make this! I can just imagine these hanging from the ceiling via thread and making the most colorful school of decorative fish!
Via Meaningful Mama
2. Build a Popsicle Stick Barn
Younger preschoolers may need a little help with this craft stick barn architecture. This barn craft will give them hours of crafting followed by tons of active play. Think about this popsicle stick creation as just being the first part of your DIY farm. Grab other toys for even more playful fun with this craft.
Via Crayon Box Chronicles
3. Beach Sign Popsicle Stick Crafts
Planning to go to the beach this summer? Save those mementos with this beach placard tutorial. This kids craft can be a memory box of the family vacation. Customize this craft with your child’s name or the family name. What a fun kid-made gift for a dear friend or relative.
Via Fave Crafts
4. DIY Popsicle Stick Bird Feeder
This adorable homemade bird feeder is easy to make and your kids will love sitting outside watching the birds eat. You can purchase pre-painted craft sticks or paint them yourself to match your favorite bird hangout. Just add some birdseed and you will attract a grateful bird crowd with this finished craft.
Via Mothering with Mindfulness
5. Create Craft Stick Bookmarks
Part of a summer reading program? Make these popsicle stick bookmark buddies to mark their progress along the way. Craft a few extra pom pom bookmarks to give to friends. What a resourceful mama!
Via Meaningful Mama
6. Bend Popsicle Sticks into Homemade Bracelets
Both kids and adults love making these popsicle stick bracelets. They are so fun to make because you actually BEND the popsicle sticks to fit around your wrist. They are surprisingly an easy, fun, and wearable craft.
Via Molly Moo Crafts
Summer and bugs go hand and hand. That’s what makes this bug craft such a blast. You can make lady bugs, dragonflies and so many other creative DIY bugs.
Via Inna’s Creations
If you build it, they will fling it. That’s a guarantee with this awesome popsicle stick catapult. Take a visit to your home’s recycling bin to upcycle what you find into a working catapult. This is a kids craft that has hours of playtime afterward!
Shh! The fairies might be sleeping behind this magic fairy front door. This is one of my favorite kids crafts of all times because it can be added to your backyard garden and add a little magic to any outdoor space.
Via Danya Banya
10. Create a Popsicle Stick Flower Garden
Time to plant a garden made of popsicle sticks! Each flower is uniquely yours with this super easy craft for all ages. “Pick” your flowers to create a bouquet. Raid your button box for even more fun.
Via Preschool Crafts for Kids
11. Make a Popsicle Stick American Flag
Your kids will love this patriotic flag craft. It is an easy holiday craft that could be a child’s first flag. Create multiple versions and use them as Fourth of July decorations.
Via Our Crafts N Things
12. Craft a Popsicle Stick Fence
Build a corral for playtime fun and keep all those farm animals in line. Remember that DIY barn we made above? This could help keep your animals from wandering into a neighbor’s barn. We love kids crafts that double as toys to play with after the crafting is complete.
Via Powerful Mothering
13. Create a Handprint Garden
Handprint flowers are an awesome summer art project and will give you a lasting keepsake. This craft is so simple and such a good keepsake that you can even get the youngest crafter involved. Much more fun if you can see handprint flowers in different sizes!
Via Fun Handprint Art
14. Build a Craft Stick Wind Mobile
This wind mobile looks complicated but it really isn’t. Plus, your kids will love watching it spin in the wind. This simple DIY activity is perfect for both kids and adults.
Via Stories and Children
15. Paint a Paper Plate Watermelon
Yum! Your kids can make this watermelon fan craft, and then you can all enjoy some real watermelon as a reward. We love paper plate crafts because paper plates always seem to be on hand – whether or not it is time for a picnic! Add a popsicle stick and you have a fan that beats even the warmest summer day.
Via Craft Gawker
16. Craft Good Old Uncle Sam Out of Popsicle Sticks
Hello, Uncle Sam! Happy Birthday! This craft is a perfect combination of red, white and blue. No 4th of July celebration could be complete without this fun craft for the entire family.
Your kids will collect tons of treasures this summer. Make this keepsake box so they’ll have a place to store them! The simplicity of this activity is part of its charm.
Via Powerful Mothering
18. Create a Popsicle Stick Sun Craft
Now even if it’s raining, you’ll have a little sun. Here is to crafts for kids that actually look like they were made by kids…and that is a good thing.
Via The Ramblings of a Crazy Woman
19. Craft a Popsicle Stick Garland
This star garland will look sweet on your patio as you spend time outside this Fourth of July. Change up the colors for many other holidays — pastels for Easter, shades of green for St. Patrick’s Day and add some red for Christmas. This holiday craft for kids can be adapted to nearly any holiday!
20. Create a Biplane from Craft Sticks
This awesome biplane is a craft your kids will want to show off to all their friends. Grab a traditional clothes pin in addition to your craft sticks and decorate in many different ways.
Via The Pleasantest Thing
21. Build a Popsicle Stick Petting Zoo
Your kids can make their own petting zoo with popsicle sticks and play dough. Oh so cute. Again, starts out as a craft for nearly any age child and ends up in hours of play.
Via House of Baby Piranha
Weave fun into summer with this weaving loom craft. Part art and part weaving craft, this is sure to please any age.
Via Buggy and Buddy
23. Create Craft Stick Lizards
Lizards run around all over the place in the summertime, and now you can have some inside, too! These cute and colorful popsicle stick ideas smile back at you.
Via Easy Preschool Craft
24. Make Adorable Popsicle Stick Garden Gates
How adorable is this little garden gate flower craft? So adorable. I like how unique and customized this craft for kids of all ages can be!
Via Art Craft Ideas
25. Craft the Ultimate Boredom Buster Using Craft Sticks
Still bored? Have your kids pick a stick out of these boredom buster jars and they’ll have plenty of ways to stay active.
Via While He Was Napping
26. Make a Craft Stick Frog with Long Tongue
Let’s make a popsicle stick frog craft for kids with a long red tongue that curls at the end! I love the big googly eyes and his green construction paper lillypad.
27. Craft Stick Turkey & Popsicle Stick Scarecrows for Kids to Make
These are the perfect fall craft ideas for kids – let’s make a popsicle stick turkey and a scarecrow…boo!
28. American Flag Made Out of Popsicles
Grab your red white and blue paint because we are making an American flag craft out of popsicle sticks!
29. What a Lovely Popsicle Stick Fairy House
Let’s build a popsicle stick fairy house and place it in a secret location where the fairies live…
30. Let’s Hang Decorated Popsicle Sticks on the Christmas Tree
These popsicle stick ornaments are just the cutest…ever! Oh, and they are easy popsicle stick Christmas crafts for kids too.
31. Craft Stick Snowflakes to Hang Indoors
No matter what the weather looks like outside, you can make these easy popsicle stick snowflakes!
More Easy and Fun Popsicle Stick Crafts From Play Ideas Ideas
- Make Dr. Seuss-inspired crafts with Popsicle sticks. These simple crafts would make great party decorations or a cool craft to do at home with the kids.
- Learn to make epic cardboard fort crafts using popsicle sticks and cardboard.
- Do you have a few pieces of popsicle sticks and cotton balls laying around? Don’t throw them away. Here are some cotton ball crafts you can make with them.
- Plain brown paper becomes delightful paper by applying popsicle stick crafts with precious handprints.
- Use popsicle sticks for popsicle stick games – really fun DIY ideas!
- Use popsicle sticks to learn about how to balance forces in a popsicle stick bridge structure.
- Why buy popsicles when you can make your own homemade ones with popsicle stick crafts. Try it now!
- Make a tissue paper suncatcher that looks like a butterfly with a popsicle stick.
What is the first popsicle stick craft you are going to try today?