Toddlers and preschoolers are constantly exploring their world. Help them explore in a soft and inexpensive way with these pom pom activities built just for them!
From color sorting to busy bags to playful games, these activities will keep your toddler and older kids busy for hours and teach them so many wonderful lessons along the way.
Pom poms are great fine motor activity for kids of all ages and so much fun for little hands! Enjoy!
Fun and Creative Pom-Pom Activities for Toddlers
1. Block the Bucket Holes with Pom-Pom
Your toddler will love pushing colorful pom pom into these bucket holes in this fun activity from Learn with Play at Home! You’ll love watching them learn how to only get them halfway!
2. Pom-Pom Blowing Activity
Can your little one blow a pom-pom along a straight line (unavailable)? This activity from Hands On as We Grow will help them learn how!
3. Pom-Pom Color Sorting Activity
Time to sort those pom-poms into their color match containers with this busy bag activity from The Pleasantest Thing!
4. Use Pom-Pom to Create Cat-In-the-Hat Craft
Do you love reading Cat-in-the-Hat with your toddler? Now you can work together to make this hat-for-the-cat by Living Montessori Now!
5. Caterpillar Pom-Pom Project
Learning about caterpillars is one of the most fun activities any toddler parent can teach! This cute pom-pom caterpillar by The Red Kitchen is here to help you!
6. Silly Pom-Pom Clown
You’ll love how much your toddler is clowning around with this adorable clown-crafting activity from Tip Junkie!
7. Pom-Pom and Clothespin Matching Game Activity
Work on those fine motor skills as your child matches the colored clothespin to the colored pom-pom in this game from The Pleasantest Thing.
8. Paper and Pom-Pom Matching Activity
Target practice time! Can your child figure out how to roll the right colors to the matching paper when you do this activity by The Pleasantest Thing?
9. Practice Counting with Pom-Poms
Counting with pom-poms is as easy as 1-2-3 when they are magnetized! Try out this fantastic idea from Having Fun at Chelles House and hasten their problem solving and math skills!
10. Pom-Pom Flowery Counting Garden Activity
More counting fun with this counting garden activity by Learn Laugh Grow Child Care! Watch knowledge bloom in your child’s eyes!
11. Fun Hockey Pom-Poms Activity
Are you working on your toddler’s gross motor skills? Try playing hockey with pom-poms! Such a fun idea of a fine motor play from Learning 4 Kids!
12. Ice Cream Shop Play with Pom-Poms
Imagination time! This ice cream shop play from One Time Through is super creative and fun for your child! What flavor will you pick?
13. Playdough Animals with Pom-Pom
These playdough animals with pom-pom feet and noses by Kids Activities Blog are so much fun for your child to make! They won’t even realize they are learning!
14. Pom-Poms and Bottle Activity
More practice with those fine motor skills! Keep your little one happy and active by having them put pom-poms in a plastic bottle in this activity from Kids Activities Blog!
15. Pom-Pom Kerkplunk Game Activity
Have your kids work together in this fun pompom version of the classic game Kerplunk by One Time Through!
16. Scooping Pom-Poms Activity
Scooping pom-poms into an ice tray is super fun for those toddlers working on their grip and balance. This fine motor skills activity by Buggy and Buddy will liven up your kiddo’s day!
17. Slime and Pom-Poms
Sensory play is on tap when you make this slime and infuse it with pom-poms! Such a fun activity for toddlers from Fun at Home with Kids!
18. Colorful Pom-Pom Sensory Bin Activity
This sensory bin from Fun at Home with Kids combines pom-poms with colored rice for a super sorting experience. Throw in some empty egg containers for egg shaker sound play!
19. Rainbow Pom-Pom Activity
Help your child learn their colors with this rainbow pom-pom activity from Sew Fantastic!
20. Pom-Pom Toddler-Made Structures
Your toddler is going to love building their own little structures using pom-poms, straws, and anything else colorful you have on hand! What a nice idea from Two-Daloo!
21. Color Sorting Activity using Pom-Poms
More color play as your child sorts pom-poms into their color-corresponding bowls! This is a very entertaining activity for toddlers from The Activity Mom!
22. Fun Tube and Pom-Pom Sorting Activity
This paper tube and pom-pom sorting activity from Teach Me Mommy is easy to put together and so much fun for your child to play with!
23. Big and Small Pom-Poms Sorting Activity
Watch your child explore the world as they sort and stick pom-poms to this sticky wall in this activity by I Can Teach My Child!
24. Squishy Sensory Bags with Pom-poms
Squish bags are a wonderful way for kids to have a squishy, gooey sensory learning experience without the mess! This simple sensory pom-pom bag from Parenting Chaos is great for working on color identification, size sorting, and early math concepts!
25. Fun Bath Activity with Pom-poms and Toys
Placing pom-poms on the sucker side of a bath toy will be so much fun for your toddler that they won’t realize they’re working on their fine motor skills! Wise move by Powerful Mothering!
More Super Fun and Creative Crafts for Kids from Play Ideas
- Simple, fun and cool kids crafts to try out for every season!
- A nice DIY farm craft will definitely bring out your kid’s imagination!
- Catapults and Angry Birds crafts? A perfect combination!
- Train your child young for Olympics with these sports-theme cute crafts!
- These awesome Ninja crafts will definitely give your kid’s playtime a twist!
- Awaken the force within your kid with these fantastic Staw Wars crafts!
- How about a Dr. Seuss-inspired kids craft? No one would say no to these!
- Teach your kids crafts like never before with these fun pom pom crafts.
- Popsicle sticks are the ultimate simple and quick craft supply for kids of all ages.
Which amazing pom-pom craft activity are you making with your toddler today?