Get ready to have fun under the sun with these 25 Amazingly Outrageous Outdoor Activities For Kids! Exploring the outdoors can be great fun and an adventure for your kids. We curated a list of 25 outdoor activities they will surely love.
Bright colors, chalk play, bubbles, and all the messes that can be made will keep your kids outside and having a blast longer than you could ever imagine.
Fun Outdoor Activities for Kids from Backyard to Beyond…
Spend some colorful time outside with these fun activities all around the neighborhood. Enjoy these easy outdoor activities for kids of all ages.
Related: Fun outdoor games for kids
1. Colorful Squirt Gun Painting
Use a water gun to create fun splash art by Fireflies & Mud Pies that your kids will be proud to show off! Pssst…this could also be done with a spray bottle. Younger kids can work on hand-eye coordination and older kids just love to make art on a hot day.
2. Soap Foam Sensory Play Activity
Create the ultimate calming experience using soap foam by Teaching Mama with this fun activity! Grab a bubble foam by the buckets which is the ultimate sensory bin idea. This idea also works great in a water table.
3. Paint Sidewalks’ With These Puffy Paints
Use sidewalk puffy paint by Mom Inspired Life to make fun memories as your kids decorate the sidewalk in front of your home. Put a new spin and have fun in your puffy paint playing area.
4. Recycle a Chalk To Make a Paint
You won’t believe how this chalk paint by Rhythms of Play is made. Yes, you will. It’s made using recycled chalk – genius outdoor activity ideas and no piece of paper needed. We love to make our canvas the driveway.
5. Homemade Puffy Paints
This homemade puffy paint by One Little Project is perfect for colorful outdoor play and outrageous 3D art. This can be done inside or outside on a picnic table or even on a sidewalk or driveway.
6. Pendulum Chalk Drawing Activity
This chalk drawing is amazing because instead of drawing, your kids use a pendulum (unavailable) by Handmade Kids Art. What a great outdoor activity for kids to try! It is the ultimate paint toys idea.
7. Shaving Cream Foam Sand
This sticky foam sand by One Little Project is ooey-gooey fun that your kids won’t be able to wait to get their hands into. Preschoolers will especially love this sensory play idea for hours of fun.
8. Make Giant Bubble Wands
Learn to make gigantic bubbles by Inner Child Fun with homemade bubble wands! Get ready to have some fun while doing this outdoor activity with your kids.
More Giant Bubbles and Fun for Outdoors
- Learn the easy way how to make bubbles that bounce!
- Make big bubbles with this simple DIY bubble wand and bubble solution
- Our favorite kids bubbles solution is easy to make!
- Don’t miss out on bubble painting activity for kids!
9. Easy Homemade Sidewalk Chalk Craft
Homemade chalk by Living On A Dime is easier to make than you could imagine, and so much prettier than the chalk you find at stores. Have your kids do an outdoor canvas now! I love the outdoor kids classics!
10. Chalk Nature Painting
Set your kids’ imaginations on fire with this chalk nature painting by Meri Cherry. Fun outside activities for kids include outdoor games and nature-based play.
11. Fizzy Rainbow Slushy Art Craft
Bubbly, fuzzy, fizzy rainbow slush by Fun At Home With Kids is a great way for kids to get their hands messy, and create great process art.
12. Exploding Paint Bombs Activity
These exploding paint bombs by Kids Activities Blog are so much fun to make and play with! You’ll want an afternoon just for this outdoor activity with your kids.
13. Magic Scented Foaming Paint
You won’t believe how amazing this magic scented foaming paint (unavailable) by Two Daloo smells. Try it on!
14. Floating Chalk Prints
These floating chalk prints by Picklebums are gorgeous and super easy to make with the kids!
15. Erupting Ice Chalk Recipe
Don’t just draw with chalk because this is chalk with a twist. This erupting ice chalk by Learn Play Imagine lets your kids experience chalk on a whole new level!
16. Upcycled Spool Chalk Art Table
Looking for a great upcycling project? This spool chalk table by Teach Me Mommy lets kids draw, and doubles as a table without hardly any extra effort. A sure hit for the kids for hours of fun games. Have you seen the car wash?
17. Shaving Cream Balloons
After a hard day of play, what could be more fun than throwing shaving cream balloons by Totally The Bomb at one another? Mix in some powdered paint for extra colorful fun and takes the traditional water balloon toss to a new level for childhood!
18. Play Sponge Darts Outside
Sponge darts by The Seasoned Mom are a great way to play darts, without worrying about all those pointy tips.
19. Collect Colorful Chalk Rocks
These chalk rocks by Kids Activities Blog are fun to play with, and perfect for little hands to grip and use during outdoor activities with kids!
20. DIY Those Paint Powders
Make this paint powder by Kids Activities Blog using old chalk. It works great when added to bubbles, shaving cream balloons, and any other project you want to add a splash of color to.
21. Mold These Sidewalk Chalk Pops
This DIY sidewalk chalk by Project Nursery is a fun way to let the kids create their own designs and colors!
22. Shade Sidewalk’s Using these Chalk Paints
This sidewalk chalk paint by Burlap & Blue lets kids paint on the sidewalk in so many different ways that their imaginations are the only things holding them back.
23. Pretend Chalk Eggs Paint
Amazing chalk eggs (unavailable) by Growing A Jeweled Rose are fun to crack, store chalk in, and are great for drawing outdoors.
24. Homemade Sidewalk Chalk Bugs
Or you can make chalk bugs by Finding Zest that is so much fun to play on the sidewalk with. Toddlers approved!
25. Build a Snake Bubble Maker
This bubble snake by Mum In The Mad House will ooze feet upon feet of bubbles for as long as you want to blow! Add colored chalk powder to make the bubbles colorful.
More Fun Outdoor Activity Crafts With The Kids from Play Ideas
- Roar with the whole gang with these different Jurassic Crafts to choose from!
- Oh so many more summer activities for kids…let’s make this summer fun!
- Try these fun outdoor art projects for kids.
- Outdoor play activities for kids and the entire family.
- Try these summer camp activities at home!
- Bust boredom outdoors together with these popsicles stick crafts for kids!
- Keep the little ones busy outdoors making these Fall leaf crafts.
- Find unique and cool rocks outside with the kids!
- Serve these totally tubular Ninja Turtle crafts and snacks to your kids after a fun outdoor play.
- Get spunky and spongey fun with these sponge crafts and activities together with the whole gang!
Which outrageous outdoor activity would you want to try with the kids this afternoon?