Bringing books to life is something every parent struggles with. These 25 Very Hungry Caterpillar Crafts for Preschoolers and toddlers should help!
The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a popular children’s book and now your children can explore it through craft.
You can read the book with your child and then pick out your favorite crafts to try at home. Have fun with these cute caterpillar crafts!
25 Very Hungry Caterpillar Crafts for Preschoolers
1. Using a Balloon to Paint a Caterpillar
This balloon-painted caterpillar by Smart Class picture is a fun way preschoolers explore the book and different forms of painting.
2. Old Bottle Caps for The Caterpillar Body
Save those old bottle caps by All Kids Network! They make for a very cute Very Hungry Caterpillar.
3. Painted Clothespins Caterpillar
Painted clothespins (unavailable) by The BottomsUp Blog are a fun way to make a very long caterpillar for preschoolers! This is a very fun caterpillar craft!
4. Egg Carton Caterpillar Craft
This egg carton caterpillar by It Mom is so adorable and super easy to make with preschoolers!
5. File Folder Caterpillar Game
Play your way through the book with this Very Hungry Caterpillar file folder game by Kids Activities Blog!
6. Finger Puppet Caterpillar Craft
Very Hungry Caterpillars have cute little feet when your preschooler plays with this finger puppet craft (unavailable) by Damson Lane. this very hungry caterpillar’ craft is easily done with some craft paper and scissors.
7. Fingerprint Paint Caterpillar for Preschoolers
Fingerprints by Crafts By Courtney are an awesome way to make caterpillars and their colorful domain.
8. Make a Caterpillar Foam Sheets
These foam pieces caterpillar by Happily Ever Mom can be made over and over again, and if you paint the backs it actually sticks to your window!
9. Print Caterpillars With Cups and Forks
They used cups and forks by Teach Preschool to make this caterpillar and the grass he is crawling on.
10. DIY Caterpillar Puzzle
This DIY homemade caterpillar puzzle by Parenting Chaos is fun for kiddos to assemble over and over again.
11. The Very Hungry Caterpillar No-Sew Mask
Your child is going to fall in love with this no-sew Very Hungry Caterpillar mask by Kids Activities Blog! It is amazing how much caterpillar fun you can have with just the head of the caterpillar!
12. Caterpillar Necklace Craft
How adorable are these pasta and paper caterpillar necklaces by Buggy and Buddy? Preschoolers will love it!
13. Paint a Caterpillar on a Rock
Take your preschooler out to collect rocks (unavailable) by Thrive 360 Living and then spend the afternoon painting them to resemble things you’ll read about in the book.
14. Caterpillar Circles of Paper Craft
This Very Hungry Caterpillar is made out of circles of paper by She Knows. You could make a very long caterpillar with this craft! This paper chain caterpillar craft allows you to create the body of the caterpillar as long as you’d like!
15. Threading Yarn on a Caterpillar Bitten Leaf
Practice your preschooler’s fine motor skills by threading yarn through this caterpillar bitten leaf by Parenting Chaos.
16. Paper Plate Caterpillar Craft
This paper plate craft by Crafts for Preschool Kids is such a fun way to explore the book.
17. Toilet Paper Roll Caterpillar
Your kids are going to love wearing this Very Hungry Caterpillar necklace made out of toilet paper rolls and paint by Kids Activities Blog.
18. Colored Pasta Sweet Caterpillar
This sweet caterpillar is made with colored pasta by A Little Delightful a button, and pipe cleaners!
19. Slinky Caterpillar Craft
It’s Slinky by Mollie’s Mom! No, wait – it’s a very hungry caterpillar just slinkin’ along.
20. No-Sew Sock Caterpillar
You and your children will have a blast making this no-sew sock caterpillar by De Tout Et De Rien Caroline. (This site is in English and French)
21. Recyle Old Soda Bottles into a Caterpillar
Enjoy recycling those old soda bottles by Free Kids Crafts with your preschoolers by turning them into a Very Hungry Caterpillar.
22. The Very Hungry Caterpillar Sponge Painting
This sponge painted by Buggy and Buddy caterpillar is a perfect activity for those sweet little preschoolers.
23. Tissue Papers Caterpillar
Pieces of tissue paper by Teach Preschool cut into circles make up these caterpillars. What a fun way to practice those scissor skills.
24. Toilet Paper Roll Painting Caterpillar Craft
Your child can use toilet paper rolls by Lil’ Scholars University to make this cute caterpillar. Fun art session for preschoolers!
25. The Very Hungry Caterpillar Toe Prints
Time to take out the toesies! This Very Hungry Caterpillar is made by using toe prints by Crafty Morning and paint.
More Fun and Easy Craft Activities for Kids From Play Ideas
- This Wooly Worm Caterpillar Can Predict Winter Weather and It’s Basically The New Punxsutawney Phil. Check out here!
- Easy Yarn-Wrapped Craft Stick Caterpillar Craft for kids art session today.
- Super fun snake crafts kids can enjoy over a holiday!
- Cute and unique clothespin crafts for the whole gang to do.
- Practice your kids fine motor skills with these choices of pony bead crafts.
- Enjoy summer heat with the kids while doing these summer crafts. Yay!
- Go out with the kids and collect unique shapes of rocks and turn then into these differenr crafts here!
Which very hungry caterpillar activity craft are you going to do with your kids today?