Kids love mixing colors and that’s why they are going to go crazy for these tie dye crafts! You can do tie dying a towel, canvas, beach towels, cotton, or any fabric, without worrying about the mess.
Tie Dye is so much fun for kids and adults. Mixing colors, watching them blend into swirls and bright abstract images. These 25 Groovy Tie Dye Crafts for Kids are an awesome way to share a love of tie dye with the entire family, and to engage your child’s creative side. Have fun!
25 Amazing and Easy Groovy Tie Dye Crafts for Kids Of All Ages
1. Make Fabulous Tie Dye Art Using Crayons
Here’s an activity you can include in your summer bucket list: tie dye craft on canvas! Your kids will love spending time using crayons to make this groovy tie dye art . This amazing art by How Wee Learn turns out so pretty, your whole family might get involved.
2. Painting Using Colorful Balloon Stamp
Don’t worry about rinsing or messy hands (well, you can use plastic gloves if you like). Even the little preschoolers can tie dye when you use balloons to paint paper by Amazing Interior Design. Making art crafts using these balloon stamps could never go wrong. Grab a paper now and start stamping!
3. Cool Tie Dye Bookmark For Your Bookworm
Do you have a child who loves to read? This tie dye bookmark by Happy Hooligans is perfect for your little bookworm. It will encourage them to read more! The instructions are so easy to follow, I promise.
4. Blowing Colored Bubbles And Turning Them into Amazing Art
There are so many awesome ways to tie dye. Try using colored bubbles by Growing A Jeweled Rose and blow them onto a piece of paper. Doing this will make those bubbly kiddos super enthusiastic while enjoying the colorful cold water and its rainbow drips.
5. Use Coffee Filters To Make This Gorgeous Tie Dyed Butterflies!
There are many tie dye crafts you can make. How adorable are these amazing tie dyed butterflies by Kids Activities Blog? You could make them into magnets, or just hang them on the walls when you’re done. Those cutie kiddos will be so proud hanging them in their room!
6. Spectacular Tie Dyed Ceramic Coasters
Do you struggle with getting your family to use coasters? You won’t anymore once they work together to make these gorgeous tie dyed coasters by Curbly. You can make these using a spray bottle or some squeeze bottles to get that unique spiral pattern.
7. Recycled Pretty Tie Dye Crayons
Don’t throw away those old crayons. Recycle them into new tie dye crayons by HGTV. Kids can use them for school artworks! A bit of caution: be sure to watch the little kiddos, because these look just like a DIY candy instead of a crayon.
8. Tie Dye Egg Lovely Carton Butterfly
Here’s one of the easiest tie dye projects kids can do. This adorable tie dye egg carton butterfly by Crafty Morning is a perfect craft for kiddos. This is certified kid-approved artwork!
9. Make Your Kids Learn And Enjoy Planting Using This Tie Dye Pot
Make a ‘thank you’ gift that is memorable and lasting with this tie dye planter by KCEdventures. Start planting beautiful flowers in these colorful pots to make it more special. A lovely tulip fits perfectly well in this tie dye project pot!
10. Awesome Tie Dye Flowers That Kids Could Give On Occasions
These awesome tie dye flowers by Pink Stripey Socks are a great way to brighten a room. Add some drops of essential oil to them and they’ll even smell pretty. Moms would be so happy receiving these from their little one on Mother’s Day!
11. Playing With This Tie Dye Sensory Foam is so Satisfying!
This tie dye sensory foam by And Next Comes L is a fun way to play with tie dye and a fun way for your kids to get messy. You can use markers, a little pinch of powdered dye, cold water, and some creative imagination! Start doing this to toddlers and help them enhance their senses.
12. Delightful Tie Dye Butterfly Marionette
Make a tie dye butterfly marionette by Housing A Forest and your kids will fly it through the house for hours. This will make playing with your little ones so fun! I think the wings are made from tissue paper, and the antennas from pipe cleaners. So creative!
13. Fashionable and Lovely Tie Dye Play Silks and Scarf
These tie dye play silks by The Artful Parent are easy to make and perfect for those kiddo’s who love to play pretend. You and your kids would look so cool wearing this tie dye scarf together.
14. Irresistible Tie Dyed Popcorn for a Movie Night
Next time your kids have their friends over, show them how to make tie dyed popcorn by Play Create Explore (unavailable). It’s art they can eat!
15. Tie Dye This Sweet And Yummy Flower Shaped Rice Krispies Treats
Or how about these groovy and gorgeous tie dyed rice krispies treats by Hallecake? They are so easy to make that your kids can easily make them on their own.
16. Pretty Easy To Make Tie Dyed Rocks
These tie dyed rocks by Miles To Go Mommy are so incredibly beautiful. How many different designs can your family come up with?
17. Unique Tie Dyed T-Shirt For Kids To Wear
Grab some white cotton t-shirts and experiment with sharpies and shapes with this fun tie dyed t-shirt by Babble Dabble Do activity. Your children will love wearing these super quirky tie dye shirts in their school. Who know, maybe it will be their favorite shirt!
18. Painting Collected Shells In The Beach
Tie Dye the shells you collected at the beach by Pink and Green Mama (unavailable) to serve as wonderful memories for your kids. They will definitely love the colorful, creative activity.
19. Upgrade Your Plain Sneaker Into These Gorgeous Tie Dyed Sneakers
Tie dyed sneakers by My Frugal Adventures are so much fun and you won’t believe how easy they are to make! Walking with these groovy sneakers is so cool. A tie-dye shoe doesn’t need to cost a lot of money!
20. Wear These Awesome Tie Dyed Socks For School
And don’t forget about the tie-dye socks by Tiny Rotten Peanuts (unavailable). You could spend an afternoon making an entire tie dye wardrobe once you learn these simple tricks, such as using markers!
21. Make These Cool Tie-Dyed Sun Ornaments Project With Your Kids!
Make any day extra sunny with this awesome tie dyed sun project by Inner Child Fun. This awesome sun will make anyone happy!
22. Super Attractive Coffee Filter Tie Dyed Suncatchers
Or brighten up your home with these coffee filter tie dyed suncatchers Grandma’s Briefs. They’re like mini stained glass windows that your kids made themselves.
23. Peculiar Colorful Tie Dyed Tee Pee
If you have a child who loves to spend time outside, this tie dye tee pee by I Love To Create (unavilable) might be the perfect thing for them. It doesn’t take long to make, but it’ll give you and your family years of fun.
24. All-Time Favorite Tie Dyed T-Shirts For A New Fashion Trend
Want to teach your child about traditional tie dye t shirts? Here’s a perfect tutorial to make your own tie dye tshirts by Dream A Little Bigger at home.
25. Mouth-Watering Yummy Painted Toast
Breakfast should never be boring. Show your kids how to paint their toast by Things To Share And Remember and you’ll have tons of tie dyed edible art before you know it.
More Fun And Easy To Make Crafts For Kids from Play Ideas
- Make your Halloween spooky with these fun arts here.
- Be creative and turn your toilet paper into pumpkin here.
- Don’t throw those popsicles way and turn them into wonderful crafts.
- Dr. Seuss cartoons are the cutest, kids cane make an art inspire by him.
- Cottonballs are so fluffy and so white, try coloring it!
- Enjoy making colorful crafts using beads.
- Get ready for Teacher’s Day with these fun gifts to give to teachers.
Which of these cool tie dye crafts have you already tried with you kids?