Life is more fun with music! What if you and your kids can make them on your own with simple materials at home? Check out these easy and fun tutorial on DIY musical and homemade instruments for you and your kids!
Hop on to some musical day with these super easy DIY musical instruments
These homemade music instruments like easter egg maracas, pan flute, popsicle stick harmonica, and paper plate tambourine are waiting! Get the band together, it’s time to jam!
Easy Musical Homemade Instruments to Make and Play with Kids
1. Super Cool and Easy to Make Banjo
Your young rocker kid is going to love to add this paper plate banjo craft idea by Parents to their DIY band! This is super easy to make, add stickers and beads and your kiddo will instantly turn into a rockstar!
This cool DIY banjo is so easy to make!
2. Easy Bass Drum for Your Kiddo
These duct tape drum ideas from Journey into Unschooling are about as close as you’ll get to having that deep bass beat in your DIY band! Your kids will surely love beating these craft sticks all-day long!
This simple bass drum will add cool sound to the DIY band!
3. A Cool DIY Cardboard Guitar
This cardboard guitar idea by Pink Stripey Socks is absolutely fantastic with a twist! Forget playing it, your kiddo might want to just display it in your home!
Isn’t this DIY cardboard guitar lovely?
4. Complete the DIY Percussion with Castanets!
These castanets crafts from Angela Krueger are perfectly fun for the little percussionist with tiny fingers! They’re made from jar lids! Add some lovely music to your kid’s DIY band!
These small yet cute castanets will add life to your DIY band!
5. Simple Egg Shakers for Your Kid’s DIY Percussion Band
These egg shakers ideas from Mama Smiles are super easy to make and so necessary for any little band! Your little rockstar will love making these easter eggs instruments and shaking them all day long!
These egg shakers are so adorable your kids will love making them!
6. Add a Chicken Sound to Your Kid’s DIY Band!
This musical instrument that uses a thread from All For The Boys sounds like a chicken in a cup. Seriously. Why not try to add a chicken sound to your band?
A chicken in the band and in a cup! Awesome!
7. Make Cute Castanets for Your Kid’s Band
Click-clack those clackers with these cute monster castanets crafts from Krokotak! Instruments also need to look cool, right? Your kids will surely love these cute castanets fun-a-day!
A crocodile castanets will sound and look so good in the DIY band!
8. Easy DIY Can Drums Your Kiddo Will Love
The percussion line with be jumpin’ with this easy coffee can drum idea by Kids Activities Blog! Your kids will love creating those drum sounds for as long as they like!
Add colors and life to your DIY band with these super easy coffee drums!
9. A Super Easy Box Top Finger Strummer
Tiny tots with love to twang with this finger-strummer idea from Teach Preschool. Know what’s amazing? This is actually made from a box top and a number of rubber bands!
A super easy musical instrument perfect for your toddler!
10. Make this DIY Saxophone Right Inside your Home!
Does your kid want an instrument that sounds like a saxophone? This Membranophone craft from Exploratorium is exactly what you’re looking for! A perfect addition to your kid’s DIY band!
Grab some simple materials and make your kid’s very own saxophone!
11. Jangle Ankle Bracelet for Your Little One!
Your baby is going to dance to the music and add some awesome sounds with this cute jangle ankle bracelet idea by Two Daloo! Who said toddlers can’t be a part of the band?
This jangle anklet is super cute your toddler will love it!
12. A Simply Creative Popsicle Harmonica
A couple of popsicles sticks, some rubber bands, paper, and toothpicks are all your kid needs to make this cute little harmonica! This simple yet crafty idea from Housing a Forest is o cool you’ll play it all day long!
Add some beautiful music with this DIY harmonica.
13. Cool Strumming Instrument From Bobby Pins
Your kids will absolutely love making and playing this awesome bobby pin strummers instrument by Pi’ikea Street! Twang it and be a beautiful part of the DIY musical band!
Bobby pins and tape make the perfect strummer!
14. Super Easy DIY French Horn For Your Kiddo
Blow your own horn with this DIY french horn idea by Savvy Homemade! Your kids will have genuine fun making and playing this cool member of the DIY band!
Kids of all ages will fall in love with this DIY french horn!
15. Rain Sticks Shaker in the DIY Band!
Shake shake shake! Your little one will love to shake those rain sticks instruments from Danya Banya and make fun music! The shaking has never been this fun!
These rain shakers are super cool and colorful!
16. Cool Xylophone Made Out of PVC Pipes
This PVC xylophone craft by Frugal Fun For Boys will take a little more time to make but the results is so worth it! Your kids will definitely fall in love with playing this instantly!
This is the perfect xylophone for your kid’s DIY band!
17. Add Sand Blocks for Your Kid’s DIY Band!
Add some pretty sounds in your kid’s band from sand blocks!
18. A Kazoo Will Add More Fun in Your Kid’s Band
Your kids will love making and having fun with this musical instrument from The Joys of Boys. Kazoos are the kind of lip-buzzing fun that young musicians live for!
Add fun musci to the band with colorful kazoos!
19. Easy Water and Bottle Xylophone…with Colors!
Do a deer, a female deer, re a drop of golden sun! Your kiddo will love singing the rest on their own after you make these colorful musical plastic bottles from Life With Moore Babies!
More color, more fun, more music for your kid’s DIY band!
20. Painted Sticks and Button Shakers
These painted sticks instruments by Two Daloo are as fun to make as they are to play! They’re super easy to make and too colorful to resist!
Paint and shake and add music to your kid’s band!
21. Easy DIY Toilet Paper Xylophone
Some paper towels or wrapping paper rolls are all you and your kids will need to make this DIY xylophone idea from The Inspired Treehouse! The sound will definitely surprise you and your kiddo!
Grab some toilet paper rollls and rubber bands to make these DIY xylophones!
22. Super Easy DIY Rhythmic Shaker
Your kiddo is sure to love shakers! Ribbons don’t change the sound of this rhythmic shaker from How Wee learn, but they sure do make it pretty!
Rhythmic shakers will add more fun sound in your kid’s band!
23. Easy Singing Straws for the DIY Band
Your kids can take their band on the road with these easy singing straws ideas from Handmade Charlotte! It’s too cute and too colorful to miss!
Simply irressistible musical straws are on the way!
24. Twang the Fun with Cross-stitching Frame and Rubber Bands
Your kiddo will sure to love more twanging fun with this DIY strummer idea by HelloBee using a cross-stitching frame and rubber bands! Twang the music all the way!
Create fun music with this cute and easy to make strummer!
25. Create a Lovely Tambourine for your Kid’s Band
No band is complete without a tambourine. This lovely tambourine version by Buggy and Buddy will surely add rhythm and fun to the band! Play that tambourine, man, play it!
This tamboutine is just too cute to create and play!
More Fun Crafts and Homemade Instruments from Play Ideas!
- The ‘rusty orange slices,’ among other things such as homemade instruments, are supposed to protect people from lightning. Check it out here!
- Here are some homemade instruments and Halloween sensory activities created for the holiday. Ready, set, party!
- Audacious beginners can also play around with fairy crafts and homemade instruments!
- There are many outdoor activities kids can do to learn about the weather. Try these fun experiments and make your own homemade instruments.
- Camping, hiking, fishing, and hunting are great ways to enjoy tasty food and the great outdoors. But sometimes you want to create some more-subtle noises. Make your own percussion, homemade instruments, and other noisemakers here!
- See how to create several instruments out of common household items. Also, find out what a PINCH POT is and how to create your own!
- Wind chimes can add a calming touch to any backyard. Learn how to make homemade instruments, like flutes and chimes, here.
Which fun DIY musical instrument do you want to try with your kids this weekend?