Still have those old CDs (or dvds) stuck for years, and don’t know how to dispose them? Don’t throw them in the trash or recycling bin! If you are looking for creative ways to save the earth with extra fun activities…Play Ideas has something for you!
Don’t throw away those old CD’s, recycle them into fun crafts! These 25 Brilliant Recycled CD Kid Crafts are a great way to teach your kids to upcycle old items into fun new creations. From crafting to collages, to painting and more, these crafts will give you and your kids a great way to recycle and have fun doing it! Let the colorful fun begin!
below is a list of diy ideas that show you some environmentally friendly ways of giving new life to your compact discs! prevent your CDs from going to landfills by turning them into recyclable materials guaranteed to give your child a great time!
Brilliant and Creative Recycled CD Kids Can Make
1. Unique Recycled CD Candle Holder
This unique candle holder is incredibly easy to make and is a cool science experience for kiddo’s, too! you can easily repurpose some CDs into a candle holder
2. Easy and Colorful Yarn woven CDs for Kids decorations
Weave yarn into old CD’s and make incredibly gorgeous coasters, garlands, and more. The more colors the more fun! Let your kids reuse your CDs to combine color and fun. they also make for great ornaments!
3. Imaginative Crazy Robot Craft for Kids
This crazy robot is a fun way to play with recycled materials and stretch your kiddo’s imagination!
4. Yummy CD Donuts Crafts
Mmmmm…these CD donuts are crunchy. They make a perfect decorations for your kids room.
5. Cute and Shiny CD Fish
Blub, blub! CD fish are the shiniest fish in all the sea! Your kids will love playing with this fish. They also make a great wall decoration.
6. Cool CD Ice Cream Cone Crafts
CD ice cream cones are deliciously adorable and a creative way for kiddo’s to craft.
7. Amazing Lady Bug CDs
Use those old CD’s as a template to make lady bugs that you can use as magnets and more. its a wonder how useful glue can be!
8. Adorable Love Monsters for Kids Using Old CDs
This love monster is anything but scary, and the CD used to make him is anything but junk.
9. Easy Rainbow Using CDs for Kids to Enjoy
Show your kiddo how easy it is to make rainbows inside using an old CD and just a little sunlight. They’ll be amazed!
10. CD Snowman For Kids of All Ages
Tired of listening to that Frozen CD over and over? Recycle it into an adorable Olaf and tell your kids you wanted to build a snowman.
11. Easy DIY of Glittery Shining Ornament with Old CDs
This glittery hanging ornament is a fun way to turn an old drab CD into something beautiful and shiny!
12. Cute DIY Yard Owl for Kids with Old CDs
Your kids will love creating their very own yard owl out of feathers and a painted CD!
13. Peacock in Bright Colored CDs for Kids
Or why not create a handsy, brightly colored peacock instead!
14. DIY Planet Rings for Kids Project Using CDs
Are you making a planet mobile? A CD works perfectly as Saturn’s ring.
15. Black Paint and Old CD Arts for Kids
Teach your kids about scratch art using CD’s and a little black paint.
16. Awesome Clock Made From Old CDs
Or let them build their own clock using an old CD and some clock parts.
17. Old CD Snail Art for Kids to Decorate
Your little ones will love creating snail art that you can hang on your wall.
18. DIY Snail Shell and Bedazzle
Or if the bigger kids want to play, let them cut out the snail shell and bedazzle it with shiny sequins.
19. Fun Shiny CD Turtle for Kids
Or for kids who love turtles, this adorable tortoise has a shiny, jewel shell!
20. Easy CD Spider Kids Can Make
These creepy crawly spider cd’s are the stuff of nightmares…or the perfect craft for your arachnid loving kid.
21. Stained Glass Sun Catcher CD Craft
Want to make a beautiful stained glass sun catcher? Use an old CD and some paint and you’ll have art in an afternoon.
22. CD Burners for Kids Kitchen Play
How is this for dynamic play! Made out of entirely recycled materials, this oven has the perfect cd burners for cooking up fun.
23.Super Easy and Fun CD Spinners Glow Kids Can Make
These cd spinners glow in the sunlight and they’re fun for kiddo’s of all ages to make! you can make plenty of them pretty easily!
24. Another Creative Way to Learn About Clocks
Practice time with this cd clock. When is it time to go to the dentist? Tooth-hurty…
25. DIY Stunning CD Sun Catcher
Check out this sparkly cd sun catcher. It’ll shine prism light all over your backyard for your kids to enjoy. Plus…those sparkling tiny colored flowers make it fabulous!
More Fun, Easy and Crafty Things For Kids From Play Ideas
- Check out these Cinco de Mayo Crafts for Kids.
- Or this awesome Paper Plate Dream Catcher Craft For Kids.
- Maybe some themed one like this out of this world Star Wars Craft for your Kids?
- You can also try this Dr. Seuss inspired craft for preschoolers.
- Here are some super cute clothespin crafts for kids.
- Make Busy Bee Crafts for your little ones.
- Make your kid’s holiday celebration with Winter wreath crafts for kids.
From all the recycled CD crafts above, which one do you think is the coolest?