Whether this is their first year or their last, going back to school is a really big deal for kids. These 25 Back To School Crafts for Kids will make it easier for your kid!
A present for their teacher, or a special gift for them, or even a little craft to get them into the mood, these crafts are fun for the whole family.
Going back to school can be stressful, but these crafts will make it more fun. Happy Crafting!
Back To School Crafts For Kids
1. Retro Look Nail Art
Get your kids ready for school with these cute back-to-school nails by Totally The Bomb.
2. ‘You Rule’ Printable Notes
Want to give your child a snack that tells them how excited you are for them? This cute pouch says it all, “You Rule” noted by Thirty Handmade Days.
3. Back to School Candy Pencils
These adorable pencils by Hoosier Homemade are made out of candy and happiness. Your kids will be delighted!
4. School Bus Countdown Craft
Is your child excited about that first day? Help them count down with this cute bus craft by The Suburban Mom. Each ring represents a day of waiting. When they’re all gone, school starts!
5. Calendar Countdown Printable
Or if you want something with a little more substance, this printable by Wait Til Your Father Gets Home, includes information for the kids as school gets closer and closer.
6. Back to School Craft Printable
Help get your kiddo ready with this backpack craft by Lesson Plans and talk to them about why they are excited about going back to school.
7. School Bus Popsicle Picture Holder
This adorable popsicle stick picture holder by Reading Confetti is a great way to memorialize your kiddo and how they look from year to year.
8. Adorable Crayon Magnets
You and your kids can make adorable magnets and noteholders by Kids Activities Blog, for the refrigerator using crayons and clothespins.
9. DIY Backpack Craft and Designs
Don’t settle for a store-bought backpack. Use these DIY backpack ideas (unavailable) by HP to make one that is truly unique to your child. They will Love it.
10. Chalkboard Paint Lunchboxes Notes
Will your child be bringing their own lunch this year? Turn their sandwich holder into a chalkboard by Dukes & Duchesses and send them with a different note every day.
11. DIY Washi Tapes Notebooks and Pencils
Use washi tapes by Lia Griffith to customize everything from pencils to notebooks. You and your kiddos will love watching their unique style come to life.
12. DIY Duct Tape Clipboard Craft
This clipboard uses duct tape by Creations By Kara to give it more style. Kids will love making their own too!
13. Duct Tape Pencil Holders
More fun with duct tape? Check out these pencil holders by Hip 2 Save. Made by duct tapes and zip lock sandwich bags. How smart is that?
14. Notebooks Covered With Fur
Who wants a boring old notebook when they can have one customized with fur (unavailable) by Tiny Rotten Peanuts! I repeat, with Fur!
15. Felt Heart Pencil Toppers
These adorable pencil toppers by Kids Activities Blog will give your child a smile and encourage them no matter how their day is going.
16. DIY Custom Erasers
Or use this tutorial to make your own custom erasers (unavailable) by Redo Mom for your pencils. How awesome is that?
17. Popsicle Pencil Stick Craft
If your child is in the crafting mood, you can make this pencil by Crafty Morning with them. This one is made with popsicle sticks and construction paper. Super cute.
18. DIY T-shirt Lined Paper
Get your kiddo into the school spirit with this t-shirt that looks like lined paper (unavailable) by Tutus & Tea Parties!
19. Recycled Cans Crayons Holder
Organization can be hard once school starts, so start early using recycled cans by Sugar Bee Crafts for your kid’s crayons.
20. Back to School Pencil Picture Frame
How sweet is this picture frame made from sharpened pencils by A Little Tipsy? What a great way to keep that first day of school picture safe.
21. Flower Bouquet Pencils
Looking for a perfect gift for your child’s teacher? Check out this bouquet made of pencils by My Mommy World. Beautiful and useful!
22. Phone Number Bracelets
If your child is walking this year, help them make this bracelet that includes your phone number by Parenting Chaos. It’ll make you both feel safer knowing you can be reached if they need help.
23. Customized Pencil Holder
This adorable custom pencil holder by Easy Crafts For Kids is easy to make and would be so cute on your kiddo’s study desk.
24. Bus Craft Shoe Box
Is your child riding the bus for the first time? Make this bus craft out of a shoebox (unavailable) by Craftulate and you’ll have a chance to talk about everything they need to know.
25. Smartie Candy Printable Crafts
Send your child to school with a boost of confidence using this Smartie candy printable by Amanda’s Parties To Go.
More Colorful Back to School Crafts For Kids From Play Ideas
- Create these back to school bracelets as a gift for your child’s best friend.
- A big part of back to school is your child’s teacher! Be prepared for teacher appreciation week with these fun crafts ideas.
- Super fun snake crafts for the kids to enjoy at school’s break time!
- Gather and recyle those popsicle sticks for a craft project of your kids at school.
- Little kids will never get bored on an early session class with these colroful crafts here!
- Get your little ones on the mood and busy with these crafts as they wait for their older siblings to come home.
- Enjoy these different bean crafts with the kids today!
Which back-to-school craft are you going to make with your kids today?