Thinking about what to do with all those stocked yarn in the drawers? There are so many fun things that can be done with yarn! With these fun yarn crafts, you can actually make them with your kids!
There’s so much fun with color and texture when you craft with yarn and your kids!
Super Easy Yarn Crafts For Kids
1. Wrap a Vase with Colorful Yarn
This yarn-wrapped vase idea by Hands On as We Grow would be perfect as a gift! Your kids may also keep it to themselves if they want to.
2. Create Beautiful DIY Yarn Coasters
These super cute and handy DIY yarn coasters idea by Kids Activities Blog are so fun to make! Go and create some along with your kids!
3. Let Your Little Girl Make a Cute DIY Yarn Doll
Kids love playing with toys they make themselves- like these adorable little yarn dolls from Little House Living! This yarn project is so easy to make, your little girl can make as many as she can!
4. Make a Super Cool DIY Yarn Bowl
A DIY yarn bowl project by Fantastic Fun And Learning will surprise your kids! This craft is so easy to make and so lovely to display!
5. Simply Fun Toilet Paper and Yarn Bracelets
Surprise your kid’s friends with personalized friendship bracelets! These yarn-wrapped toilet roll bracelets by Molly Moo are perfect for a friendship sign!
6. The Prettiest Bunny Yarn Project
This bunny yarn project by Katie’s Crochet Goodies is perfect for Easter, or you can switch it up for any other holiday! Your kids will fall in love with creating this pretty awesome bunny!
7. Fun Painting Session with Yarns and Paint!
With just a little kid’s creativity, you can paint with yarn! This awesome art project from Kids Play Box needs a rolling pin, yarns, and paints with different colors!
8. A Magic Octopus Made Out of Yarn
This yarn octopus project from Simply Home Blog is such a fun little playmate! Your kids will surely love making this cute little octopus!
9. Create These Lovely Yarn Tulips
10. Make Some Super Cute Yarn Butterflies
Aren’t these yarn-wrapped butterflies just the cutest little thing? This craft idea from She Knows is just so lovely your kids will have a good time crafting them.
11. Wrap Those Yarn Around Sticks for More Fun!
Why not make a fun craft out of your kid’s stick collection? This fun idea from Babble Dabble Do lets your kids have creative fun with their sticks collection!
12. Try Dyeing Yarn With Kool-Aid!
Before you try any of these yarn projects, you could start by dying your own yarn with Kool-aid! This idea from Tangled Happy is super cool, your kids didn’t think Kool-aid can dye yarns!
13. Make Colorful Ball Chandeliers from Yarn
These yarn ball chandeliers project by Hostess with the Mostess would be perfect to decorate a kid’s room or party! Your kids will love the process of creating them too!
14. Create a Masterpiece on Canvas Using Yarn
Wrapped yarn makes a fun pattern on canvas! Your kids will love making this art project by Home is Where the Art Is!
15. Make Colorful Yarn Kites for Summer
These colorful yarn kites project by A Little Craft In Your Day are perfect for summertime! Your kids will surely enjoy creating them with colorful yarn and popsicle sticks!
16. Knit Those Stocked Yarns Using Straws!
17. Make Creative Heart Gift Cards with Yarns!
These yarn cards are the perfect DIY card for kids to make! This craft from Hello, Wonderful is so pretty your kids won’t get enough of them!
18. Create Your Child’s Initials Using Cardboard and Yarn
These yarn-wrapped letters by Creative With Kids can be personalized with your child’s initials! Let your kid make their own and enjoy the process!
19. Lovely Yarn Heart Ornaments for Kids to Make
These yarn heart ornaments are made with cookie cutters! This idea from Some The Wiser lets you make ornaments with any cookie cutter shape your kids like!
20. Liven Up your Garden With Yarn-Wrapped Pots
Add a pop of color to your garden with these yarn-wrapped pots ideas from Celebrations at Home! Your kids will love having them involved in making these!
More Creative Crafts and Fun Activities from Play Ideas!
- Teach your kids to take care of nature by using toilet paper rolls as biodegradable pots!
- Have a colorful day with toddlers with these super fun and colorful activities!
- These easy windchime projects for kids will bring calming sounds to your home.
- Play with your 2-year-old with these super fun activities perfect for them!
- These super fun spring family activities will bring the whole family together!
- Give these bread recipes from around the world a try for your whole family!
- Make these super fun gingerbread man activities with your kids!
Which knotty yarn activity are you doing with your kids today?