Listening skills can be sometimes challenging to little ones, especially with the short attention span they have. The great news is, this skill can be practiced! These listening games for preschoolers are a fun way to help your kids work on their listening skills!
Your kids will love how fun these games are, and you’ll love how they’re learning to listen!
Fun and Awesome Listening Games for Prechoolers
1. Classic Telephone Game
In a world of smartphones, your kids will love this classic telephone game from Kids Activities Blog!
2. Listen and Clean Up!
This simple listening game by Inspiration Laboratories is a great way to get kids excited about cleaning up!
3. Fun Treasure Hunt Game
This fun treasure hunt idea from Kids Activities Blog is a great way to learn to read a map! They’ll love listening to you as you give instructions towards the treasure!
4. Mystery Listening Game
Engage your child’s senses with this mystery listening game by Inspiration Laboratories!
5. Stoplight Game
Get your preschooler up and moving with this classic red light, green light game from Kids Activities Blog!
6. Building Blocks Listening Game
This game by Hands On As We Grow uses toys your kids are familiar with to really test their listening skills!
7. Smartphone Listening Game
Did you know you could use your phone to play a listening game with your kids? This idea from The Preschool Toolbox Game will show you how!
8. Fun Grid Maze
Your kids will learn to follow directions as they find their way through this grid maze game by Kids Activities Blog!
9. Awesome Chalk Game
For this activity from Little Hands, Big Work, your kids will draw a chalk game and then follow directions to play it!
Skip and listen!
10. Cool Mystery Soundbox Game
Test your child’s listening skills with this mystery soundbox game by Let’s Play Kids Music!
What sound is that?
11. Fun Sound Scavenger Hunt
Your preschooler will gain new awareness of the world around them as they do this sound scavenger hunt by Buggy and Buddy!
Play this fun scavenger hunt!
12. Freeze Dance Game
Your kids won’t realize they’re learning to listen when they play this freeze dance game from Sing Dance Play Learn!
Ready, dance, freeze!
13. Teacher-Student Play
What will be the lesson for today, sir?
14. Dr. Seuss-Inspired Sound Hunt
This outdoor sound hunt by Inspiration Laboratories was inspired by a classic Dr. Seuss book! What a fun game to do with preschoolers!
Find where the sound came from!
15. Sound Light Box Game
Cooperative play with a lightbox can be a great way to learn to listen to each other in this fun play idea by Royal Little Lambs!
Listen and play with sounds and lights!
16. Rhythm and Listening Game
This simple game from Let’s Play Music will help your preschooler learn rhythm and listening!
What an awesome game!
17. Fun Gross Motor and Listening Activity
This fun game by Don’t Panic Mom incorporates physical activity and listening skills!
Listen and dance!
More Fun Learning Crafts and Activities for Kids from Play Ideas!
- Help your kids love spending quality time with you while crocheting this lizard crochet tutorial!
- Make bath time more fun with this bath painting activity with your kids!
- Get healthy and have fun creating these healthy spring snacks for kids of all ages!
- Fun and play meet perfectly with these shaving cream play ideas!
- Thanksgiving will be super fun with these awesome Thanksgiving activities for kids!
- Baking is fun! Try decorating these funny cookies ideas with your kiddos!
- Winter doesn’t need to be boring. Have real fun with these amazing indoor activities during wintertime!
Which awesome listening activity are you doing with your preschooler today?