It’s important to teach our kids how to be kind and think of others! Start them young, as the saying goes. These good deed starters for kids are a great way for your kids to start helping those around them, and in a fun way too!
It’s always so amazing to see how many lives can be touched with just a simple act of kindness! You’ll soon realize that your little ones are definitely born good!
Touching and Simple Acts of Goodness For Kids
1. Leave Lovely Bookmarks for Others
If your kids love to read, they’ll love doing this act of kindness from Creative Family Fun! On a lovely day, go to the library and help your little one leave a homemade bookmark for someone else to find!
2. Leave a Bottle of Bubbles for Someone Else
Most kids just love bubbles! Next time you go to the park, why not leave a bottle of bubbles for another child to play with? This wonderful good deed idea from Tutus and Tea Parties will teach your little one about selflessness!
3. Surround Your Kiddo with Love and Kindness
There’s kindness all around us, sometimes we just have to look for it! Your little one will have fun hanging a heart each time they see someone doing something kind! With this fun idea from Teach Preschool, they are sure to be on the lookout and watch how quickly the love and kindness multiply around them!
4. Write a Thank You Note for the Postman
Your kids might be a bit curious about who brings in the mail every day! Show a little appreciation for the person who brings the mail in. Let your little one leave a thank you note for your postman following this good deed idea from Learn With Play at Home!
5. Count Your Kiddo’s Good Deeds with Lima Beans
One way to help your kids appreciate their good deeds is to let them be aware of their good deeds. In this idea from Adventures in Wunderland, your kiddo will know you see the goodness in them as you put one lima bean for every good deed in a jar!
6. Encourage the Pet-Loving Nature in Your Kiddo
Is your child concerned about animals that are losing their habitats? Help them write a letter to the government to make a difference! This bright idea from Mother Natured is sure to help your kiddo love animals and nature more.
7. Show Gratitude to the Teachers
Teachers make such a difference in a child’s life! Show how thankful you and your kids are for having a teacher with this sweet teacher appreciation gift idea from Frog Snails and Puppy Dog Tails!
8. Help Your Kiddos Honor the Elderly
Teach your children to honor their elders with these ideas from Pennies of Time! Your little one is sure to develop a love for serving the elderly in your community!
9. Give Toothbrushes to the Needy Preschoolers
Instead of receiving presents on your little one’s birthday, how about giving some? They could start with this very good idea by Moments a Day! Collect toothbrushes and give them to needy preschoolers this year!
10. Make a Kindness Jar and Spread Out Love!
Here are 25 kid-friendly ways to practice kindness, thanks to Play Dough to Plato for this idea! Your kiddo will just pull one out of the Kindness Jar when you’re ready to spread some love! This is a fun way to spread kindness!
11. Cook a Meal for Another Family with Your Kiddo
The best way to teach your child to show kindness to others is by leading by example, of course. In this idea from Moments a Day, you and your young one will love working together to bring a meal to another family! What a fun way to light the world!
12. Teach Your Kiddo to Pay It Forward!
This simple act of kindness is easy to do: just leave a quarter in the candy machine for the next person to find! Start young and teach them how to pay it forward with this fun idea by Tutus and Tea Parties!
13. Set up a Garage Sale for a Cause
Next time you need to declutter, consider having a garage sale for charity! This act of kindness from The Educator’s Spin On helps you and your kiddo get rid of the items you no longer need and turn them into helping people who are in need!
14. Make a Chemo Care Package
It’s not always easy when someone you love is ill. Brighten everyone’s spirits by making this chemo care package idea from Pennies of Time! Your kids will feel warm inside when you do this with them.
15. Let Your Kids Give Some Toys Away
You can teach your kids to think of others with this goodness activity from Moments a Day! Let your little one keep one toy and give the others away as an act of kindness! Your place will lighten up for sure!
16. Make Beads Bracelets for the Family
17. Pack Some Hospital Bags for Others
Children who are hospitalized often need activities to keep them busy. Let your little one help by putting together these hospital-busy bags by Pennies of Time! Your kiddo will surely love spreading goodness with these bags!
More Fun and Goodness-Promoting Activities from Play Ideas!
- Online learning with kids won’t be boring anymore with these amazing online learning ideas!
- Help your kids develop good nature with these playful ways to improve self-control!
- Your little ones will be more patriotic with these colorful 4th of July activities!
- Brazil won’t be a stranger to your kiddos when you make these Brazil-inspired fun crafts!
- Your child can create these lovely vases for mother’s day to express their love to you!
- Love and innocent humor can liven up the Valentine’s with these fab Valentine’s day crafts kids can make!
- Make some yummy and cute Valentine’s snacks with these awesome ideas!
Which act of kindness stood out to you and your kids today?