You can make science learning fun. Running out of ideas? We got your back! Your kids will surely have fun with balloon crafts while creating awesome science experiments at the same time! Some may even be used as balloon decoration in any celebration. Check out these awesome balloon science experiments and ideas you can do with your little scientist!
Your kids will love playing with these balloon ideas and you’ll love that they are learning Science!
Cool DIY Balloon Science Experiments
1. Learn Static Electricity with Balloons
Learn the science behind ballons and hair by doing this static electricity science experiment from Kids Activities Blog! Check out the tutorial and don’t forget to post a picture of your kids with their hair standing on Instagram.
2. Make a Cool Muscle Model from Balloons
Teaching the muscular system can be tricky. Well, this science activity by Kids Activities Blog can help you! Your kids will learn how muscles work by making a muscle out of latex balloons.
3. Use Balloons to Measure Distance
Winds can make an object move from one place to another. This awesome mini balloons science experiment by Kids Activities Blog uses Balloons to measure the power of gusts of air to see how far objects can travel. A cool activity for children of all ages during outdoor parties! Blow some balloons and get the fun started!
4. Awesome Electric Fan and Balloon Experiment Idea
Your toddler is sure to have a lot of fun with this cool DIY balloon experiment by Kids Activities Blog! Let them throw balloons in front of a fan tied with ribbons or crepe paper and watch how fast the balloons will bounce back to them! All materials needed are either readily available at your house or at any nearest party store.
5. Discover How Cool Static Electricity Is With Balloons!
Have your kids ever wondered what exactly Static Electricity is? In this cool science activity by Kids Activities Blog, they will learn the science behind static electricity all while using balloons!
6. Launch a Cool Balloon Rocket for Kids
Your child will surely get curious about how rockets work! Launch a cool balloon rocket into space in this space lesson by Kids Activities Blog and see your kids watch in awe! For sure, there will be subtle revelry too!
7. Balloons Can Teach About Sounds – Cool and Awesome Ideas!
Who knew you could use balloons to learn about sound? This awesome science activity idea from Kids Activities Blog gets the kids moving, thinking, and listening as you learn about sound! There are so many creative ways to create sounds.
8. Fun LEGO and Balloon Race
Air can fuel your kid’s LEGO cart! Create this LEGO balloon car kit from Little Bins for Little Hands and see how far the balloon can make the car can go! This is a great and cool activity for your toddler’s next birthday party!
9. Teach Kids about Matter Using Balloons
Your kids will love learning about science using balloons to compare liquids, solids, and gasses. This cool and fun idea from Momma’s Fun World will get your kids to love learning! Plus it doesn’t break the bank! Simply go to the nearest dollar store near you for the simple supplies needed.
10. Cool Balloon Sensory Play
This science experiment is a cool and cute idea from Everything and Nothing and can be a fun sensory play! Create tactile balloons with different items inside them to explore the 5 senses.
11. Helium and Balloon Experiment Idea
Does your kid ever wonder why some balloons float? Learn about weight through this cool activity by Mess for Less to learn how many helium balloons it takes to lift a bag and touch the ceiling. All you need are balloons and small bag. Kids may even decorate the bag with tassels and glitter for more fun!
12. Learn Physics with a Penny and a Balloon
Did you know you can spin a penny inside a balloon? Try this super awesome physics experiment from Juggling with Kids to find out one of the amazing balloon tricks!
13. A Cool Polar Bear Experiment Idea for Kids
Learn about Polar Bear facts and use balloons to learn about polar bear insulation with this science experiment from Preschool Powol packets. Do it with ice water and your kids will surely fall in love with this experiment!
14. Cool Hot Air Balloon Science Experiment Idea
Your kids will love making their own hot air balloon experiment by Diapers to Diplomas using construction paper, glue, balloons, and string! They’ll also have fun reading some hot air balloon books and learning about how things go up! It can also be used as decorations or garlands on Halloween or at your next party.
15. A Solar System Made up of Balloons!
This great idea to use balloons to represent the different planets in the solar system is the coolest! This idea from Creekside Learning is so awesome your kids will have fun making them! Afterwards, it can be reused as a party decor or balloon garland!
More Fun and Cool Balloon Ideas and Activities from Play Ideas!
- Your kids will have a blast on a hot summer day with this balloon-shaving cream art craft!
- Make dark balloons glow in the dark with this fun craft your kids can make!
- These spunky sponge crafts will liven up your kid’s dull day!
- Your kids can make creative crafts using simple pipe cleaners!
- More awesome creations are in store when your kids create these colorful crafts from disposable cups!
- Love red? Your preschooler will surely love creating crafts with red color!
- These plastic egg crafts will definitely extend your kid’s Easter fun!
Which awesome balloon activity is your kid’s favorite?